Frequently Asked Questions - And Brief Answers
Material is added to this site on a regular basis - information on this page may change
CAIN receives a lot of queries dealing with many aspects of the Northern Ireland conflict and politics. In an effort to reduce the time taken to reply to questions that are asked on a regular basis, standard responses have been prepared. The links in the questions below give brief answers to these queries. Please read the questions and answers before contacting CAIN with a query.
- Why did you call the project CAIN?
- What does the CAIN logo represent?
- Who is responsible for the CAIN site?
- Where can I get more information on the CAIN Project?
- Why is the conflict referred to as 'the Troubles'?
- When did the conflict begin?
- What is the main cause of all the trouble in Northern Ireland? Is religion a big part of it?
- Is the conflict over?
- When did the conflict end?
- Why did the conflict end when it did?
- Is the future to be based on equality?
- Do you have a simple guide to the political parties?
- Do you have a simple guide to the various paramilitary groups?
- Is the material at the CAIN site covered by copyright?
- Are photographs at the CAIN site covered by copyright?
- Can you supply paper copies of items at the CAIN site?
- How do I cite items on CAIN?
- Can you sell me a 'T-shirt' or poster or flag?
- I have to write an essay on 'TITLE', can you help me?
- Where can I get information on TOPIC?
- Can I do an interview by email?
- Have all Nationalists tried to achieve their aims through violence this century or have there been other techniques?
- What problems will need to be overcome if there is to be a lasting solution to the Irish problem?
CAIN is based within Ulster University.